JOURNAL MAGAZINE WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
|AT A GLANCE…
· You should read these Terms carefully as they tell you about how and why we provide this website and the conduct we expect of you when you are using it.
· For information about who runs this website please see Section 2.
· To understand how you can use this website and your responsibilities please see Sections 6 and 7.
· For detail about what may happen if you do not adhere to these Terms please see Section 11.
1 What do these Terms cover?
- These Terms tell you the rules for using the Journal Magazine website at journalmagazine.co.uk where users can enjoy editorial, video, and podcast content. By accessing or using our website you confirm that you agree to and accept these terms and conditions.
- These Terms also set out the content standards that apply when you use the Journal Magazine website, link to the Journal Magazine website, or interact with the Journal Magazine website in any other way.
2 Who are we and how can you contact us?
- We are Loytech, and we are the operator of Journal Magazine. Journal Magazine is a trading name of Loytech Limited, a private limited company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 13134112 and registered office at 71 Queen Victoria Street, London, United Kingdom, EC4V 4BE.
- When we say “we”, “our” and “us” in these Terms, we mean Loytech Limited, which operates the Journal Magazine website.
- When we say “you” or “your”, we mean you, a user of Journal Magazine (whether registered or not).
- You can contact us using email@example.com or write to us at our registered office.
3 Can you change these Terms?
- We can change these Terms at any time and if we do so we will tell registered users by email. We will also post any new terms on the Journal Magazine website. We recommend you check these Terms each time you use our website to ensure you understand the terms that apply each time.
4 Can you suspend or withdraw the Journal Magazine Website?
- Yes, we may suspend the Journal Magazine website where we have legal, security, technical or commercial reasons to do so
- Where we can, we will explain the reasons for the suspension and how long it may last. In some cases, however, we might need to take urgent action for security reasons or because of technical difficulties which would otherwise adversely affect the Journal Magazine website.
- There may also be times when our systems become unavailable as a result of technical difficulties, planned maintenance or problems with the internet. We will try to overcome these difficulties where they are within our control but we cannot guarantee functionality and availability at all times.
5 Who is this Website for?
- Journal Magazine is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom only. We do not represent that content available on or through our Journal Magazine website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
6 How can I use the Journal Magazine Website?
- The legal rights to the Journal Magazine website, all content and our trade marks and branding belong to us. The trade marks and branding of third parties belong to such third party. All materials and content on the Journal Magazine website are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- The Journal Magazine website may only be used by you acting in a personal capacity for domestic and private use. You must not use our website (or any content from the website) for any commercial or business purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us.
- If you misuse our website in breach of these Terms, your right to access or use Journal Magazine will cease immediately.
7 What standards must I comply with on Journal Magazine?
- You may use Journal Magazine only for lawful purposes. You may not use Journal Magazine:
o In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
o In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
o For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm anyone in any way.
o To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
o To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- You also agree:
o Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Journal Magazine website.
o Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our website;
- any equipment or network on which our website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
8 What else should I be aware of?
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Journal Magazine website we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content is accurate, complete or up to date.
- Where our website contains links to other sites or materials or resources provided by third parties, these links, materials and resources are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or other materials, resources and/or information. We have no control over the contents of those sites or materials, resources and/or information.
- We do not warrant or guarantee that the Journal Magazine website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your own information technology to access the website and you should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse the Journal Magazine website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Journal Magazine website, the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to it. We will report any such actions to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such actions, your right to use the Journal Magazine website will cease immediately.
9 Are there any rules about linking to the Journal Magazine Website?
- You may link to our home page or any of our individual content pages, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to the Journal Magazine website in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our website must not be framed on any other site.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these Terms.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on the Journal Magazine website other than that set out above, please contact us (see How do I contact you?).
10 What will happen if I don’t adhere to these Terms?
- When we consider that a breach of these Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. This may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Journal Magazine website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
- The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
11 Anything else?
- Yes – These Terms form a contract between you and us so we need to tell you about some other terms that apply to our relationship with you.
- We may transfer our contract with you to anyone who acquires our business. If this were to happen, we would let you know. The contract is personal to you so you cannot transfer it to anyone else.
- Any failure by us to enforce any of our rights or obligations set out within these Terms will not constitute a waiver of our rights to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of these Terms. If any part of these Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable then such term shall be deemed to be superseded by a valid and enforceable term that most closely matches the intent of the original term and the remainder of these Terms shall continue to apply.
- The law that applies to this contract will be the law governing whichever part of the UK you live in – so if you live in England or Wales, the law of England and Wales applies; if you live in Scotland Scots law applies and if you live in Northern Ireland, the law of Northern Ireland will apply. If you live in the Republic of Ireland, then Irish law will apply.